Sunday, March 15, 2009

Illinois School report cards

One of the most interesting sites I have been showed during this semester is the website allowing you to search for school report cards.  I was shown this website in my EIS 302 class and I found that you can discovery some very useful and interesting information about schools in Illinois.  You can find many different things out about schools.  You can learn about the diversity of the specific school, district, or teaching staff.  You can also discover the graduation, mobility rate, or ACT test results.  Much of the data is compared by school, district, and state.  The most interesting things to compare through the site is that of teaching/administration salary, teaching experience, and expenditures per students in the districts.  
I feel that this website can be useful when applying for jobs.  You could use this information in interviews, or deciding where to apply.  You could also use the informaiton to check on your schools status and testing results.  I would use the site to see how many years of ecperience teachers in my district have, and what types of degrees they hold.  

I encourage everyone to check out this site and see how well your school is doing, and check out schools you plan on apply to!
  • http://webprod.isbe.net/ereportcard/publicsite/getsearchcriteria.aspx

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this website! I also found out about it in my EIS 302 class and have since found out many different things about the district where I went to school. I think that it is a great tool for new graduates who are looking into schools to apply to. There are some great facts not only about teacher salaries and experience, but also about test scores and funding. I will definitely use this website as a tool in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its such a great website, and I am so grateful to my professor for showing it to our class. He even explained the information to us, so that we could have a better understanding of what to look for. I think it would save new teachers from potentially getting stuck in a situation that could cause them to fall out of love with teaching before they even really get started.

    ReplyDelete